Sage 50 Software closes when opening a Company or the Company can only be opened via Demo Data
Problem: When you choose a company from the list of companies in the Sage50 login screen, and then enter the username & password the splash screen appears & then disappears.
1. First try refreshing the license:
- Rename C:\ProgramData\Sage\SDK Licence to ‘SDK License Old’
- Rename C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2017\Sage.usr to Sage.usr.old
- Try to open Sage50.
- It should prompt you for your Serial Number & Activation Key this time, then Account Code. Enter these.
- It should proceed to offer you the companies to open.
- Try to open a company.
If you can successfully log in this time, try to log on to the company(s) a few times over to see if the problem is gone.
2. If the problem returns immediately, then try the following in addition:
- Browse to C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts
- Edit the SAGE.INI file with notepad.
- Search for the word ‘analytics’
- If Analytics is set to 0, change it to 1. Close and save the file.
Try to log on to Sage a few times over to see if the problem is gone this time.
If the Analytics setting worked then it may have been that someone accidentally caused this by turning off the analytics setting in Tools\Options\Analytics Tab inside Sage50. (Common in versions 23.2 and 24.1)
*The ‘2017’ location shown above is for demonstration purposes, use the year number of your own affected software.