Modifying your antivirus software to avoid conflicts with Sage Payroll (Micropay)
Under certain conditions, the antivirus software you’re using to protect your computer may have a negative effect on the performance of Sage Micropay. When Sage Micropay creates or accesses a file, the antivirus software can lock the file as it performs a scan. This means that Sage Micropay may slow down or hang as the file is locked by the antivirus software. In extreme circumstances, your antivirus software can also affect the stability and general functionality of Sage Micropay.
Note: If you’re using Avast! antivirus software and you’re experiencing problems when opening or using Sage, please refer to article 33605.
We’ve created this guide to identify the files and folders that Sage Micropay uses, so you can exclude them from your antivirus software’s scanning routine. This can help to improve the performance of Sage Micropay.
Note: We can’t support you with modifying your antivirus software. If you need help with this, please refer to your local IT support.
Files and folders used by Sage Payroll (Micropay)
To check where your Sage Micropay program directory and data directories are located:
- Open Sage Micropay and log in to a payroll as normal.
- On the menu bar, click Help, then click System Information.
- Under Program Details, make a note of the Program Directoryand Data Directory
Tip: If the Data Directory link shows a local drive, for example, C:\Program Data\Micropay Professional, then your payroll data is held on this computer. If the Data Directory link shows a mapped network drive, then your payroll data is held on a network.
The following folders and their sub directories are used only by Sage software:
- The Sage Micropay program directory.
- The Sage Micropay data directory.
- C:\Program Data\Sage.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage SBD or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sage SBD.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage Ireland Payroll or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sage Ireland Payroll.