How to reduce Purchase Order Qtys to equal what has been received: Order Changes to COMPLETE
Scenario Example: A Purchase Order is created for eg:100 items. The supplier may send only 95. When 95 are received into the system, the order is left as ‘PART’ received. The other 5 will never be received, as the supplier has no more.
In the scenario above, ideally you would be able to reduce down the original Qty on the Purchase Order, to make it equal to the Qty received. You can do this by following the instructions below:
- Highlight the Purchase Order.
- Click ‘Amend Deliveries’ button.
- Click ‘Off Order’ button & then close the order.
- The order will now appear as ‘CANCEL’.
- Open the order.
- A message box will appear which reads: ‘Amending this purchase order will cause the order to be placed on order. Do you wish to continue?’
- Click Yes to the message.
- On the relevant line(s), edit the Qty in the line detail, by either clicking directly into the Qty field or by clicking on the arrow in the Description field and editing the Qty in the window that pops up. Set the Qty to be equal to the Qty already received.
- Click Save & then close the order.
If Qtys on the whole order are now fulfilled, the order will now appear as ‘COMPLETE.