Payroll Software Tips & Tricks
Get those P30’s file uploaded
by the 14th of the month to avoid Revenue penalties!
Create a P30 File to Upload to Revenue Online Service (ROS).
• Your P30 returns are a monthly or quarterly remittance to Revenue. • They include all tax, universal social charge (USC), pay related social insurance (PRSI) and local property tax (LPT) deducted from your employees’ pay. Your company’s PRSI contributions are also included. • If you’ve more than one payroll with the same tax registration number, you should merge these payrolls into a consolidation company to do a combined P30.
• It is initially blank when you are setting up a payroll.
• When you run an End of Period, it incorporates the totals for the current period.
To generate a P30 file to upload to ROS:
1. Check the payroll status at the bottom of your Micropay window is end of period (EOP)
2. On the menu bar, click Reports then Payroll Reports.
3. On the left click P30/CC124.
4. Click Preview on the right to see the details
5. Under File Exports, click P30 to ROS.
6. Under Select P30 Type, select either Monthly or Quarterly.
7. On the Select Month/Quarter list, click the relevant month or quarter you want P30 data for. Then click OK.
• Browse to the location you want to save the P30 file in, then click Save and OK.
• You will receive a notification that the file was created successfully. Click OK.