I went to see the new Star Trek film recently. Yes, I’m a Trekkie. ,I’m also a JJ Abrams fan (Eh- who isn’t?? and No I have no clue what Lost was actually about.)
The film focuses more on what the brass tacks of the original film was about- namely- exploration and adventure. And like every entrepreneur in space- they didn’t want to focus on the nitty gritty of how they were going to go through the nebula, they just wanted to do it.
Realistically, the Federation would need a mahoosive payroll. There’s scenes in the film showing the new, landmark (well- spacemark) space station “YorkTown”, that is just teaming with people. All needing to be paid- of course. I’m hoping they’ve switched to emailing payslips, as that amount of paper would surely be a waste of space (sorry- had to be done).
So what kind of payroll would Captain James T Kirk be running?
• One that would allow for his overtime- and that of his crew
• Calculates benefit in kind (those strikingly mustard jackets- who EVER thought they would be the right colour for a star ship captain????)
• Simple processes that can be completed quickly- in case he gets sent of unexpectedly into the nether regions of space.
• Manages holiday entitlements- he might not use this to be fair- when do they ever get time off??
• Keeps up to date with payroll legislation- necessary for any good payroll- whether you are in Romulan airspace or not!
Of course the most important time of year for any payroll operator is End of Year. Here at Pims we have done over 25 years of Payroll Year Ends, and therefore are in the perfect position to hold anyones hand through the process, be there Federation or not. And just like the End of Year. Pims are behind you 100% for support.
Take a test drive of our Enterprise today for your Micropay Support- call us on 051-395900.