Planning for your Sage 50 Version 24 Upgrade
Now that you have subscribed to sage 50 subscription you will be notified on any updates on your sage automatically unless you turn this off. Please turn off these notifications from automatically update to manually update. We recommend you change these settings by going into Tools – Options and tick Manual for each PC in your office and only upgrade your sage 50 when it is a planned upgrade.
If you decide you wish to go ahead with an upgrade please contact us first and check the following:
- Your computer meets the system requirements
- You’ve installed all the latest updates for Windows
- You can log on to the computer as an administrator
- If you’re installing on a network, that you have the right permissions on your data folder
- It is important that your firewall or antivirus software doesn’t block the Data Service. Please ensure the following ports are open:
- Sage 50 Accounts Service v24: TCP 32224
- Sage 50 Accounts Control v24: TCP 34224
- Take a backup of all your companies within Sage 50
- You can register and download the update from our Downloads and Update on our website https://pimbrook.ie/support
- We recommend you install the software in a new location on your Server and your Client PC.
We would strongly recommend if you have your data on a network that you contact us to arrange for our technicians to come on site to run the update. You can contact email@example.com to get a quote and arrange an appointment.