Sage 50 Accounts Version 25 System Requirements
Sage 50 Accounts Version 25 System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
All 32-bit or 64-bit variants of the following operating systems:
Note: Please ensure all the latest Microsoft Service Packs and Updates are installed.
- Windows 10 (except Windows 10S)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2019 (except Windows Server 2019 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2016 (except Windows Server 2016 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2012 (except Windows Server 2012 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (except Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2008 (not supported on Small Business Server/SBS 2008)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (not supported on Small Business Server/SBS 2008)
Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 and 2011 – due to a small number of customers seeing performance issues we don’t recommend the use of Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) 2011 or 2008 with Sage Accounts v25. The installation of Sage Accounts v25 on SBS is blocked by default but, if required, you can still install the software by following the steps in article 32387. For further information on SBS 2011, please refer to article 30792 .
Sage Accounts is not tested on virtual environments, for example, Hyper-V servers. We therefore can’t guarantee Sage Accounts will install and work correctly on these environments.
Storing Sage Accounts data on non Windows operating systems, for example NAS drives, is not tested and therefore not supported.
Although most Sage software must be installed on a Windows operating system, you may still be able to use our software by installing Bootcamp on your Apple Mac computer, please refer to article 15524.
We do not support any issues you might have using these operating systems.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM if running a 64-bit operating system).
- 2GHz processor or higher.
- 5GB of free disk space.
- 1Gbps network (100mbps minimum).
- Screen resolution between 1024 x 768 and 1920 x 1080 – this applies to 4k and hi-res monitors.
- Maximum DPI setting of 125%
Sage Accounts v25 requires you to install the Sage Data Service on the machine where your data is held. If this isn’t possible, you won’t be able to share your data on that machine. Although not supported, previous versions may have worked as they didn’t use the Sage Data Service. For more information on storing your data on non-Windows operating systems
Some features of Sage 50 Accounts interact with and require an installation of Microsoft Office.
These features include:
- Emailing invoices and reports
- Exporting report and screen lists to excel
Sage 50 Accounts v25 is compatible with the following:
- Office 64-bit versions – In Sage Accounts v25 you can use the File > Microsoft Integration > Contents to Microsoft Excel feature and also run Excel ODBC queries with Office 64-bit. Other features aren’t compatible.
- Office 365 32-bit – desktop version only
To check if it’s the desktop version, Control Panel > Program > Default Programs > Set your default programs > check if Microsoft Outlook is the desktop version.
- Office 2016 32-bit edition
- Office 2013 32-bit edition
- Office 2010 32-bit edition (except Office 2010 32-bit starter edition)
Sage 50cloud Accounts only
Sage 50cloud Accounts offers additional functionality using Office 365. These features require a UK based Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium or Enterprise E1, E3, or E5 subscription. Initial setup must be done by a user with global admin rights and a supported licence. If you’re unsure if you meet these requirements, please contact your Microsoft Office 365 supplier.
The section below confirms the requirements for each element of Sage 50cloud Accounts:
Sage 50cloud Intelligence
- Excel desktop edition 2013 or 2016
- Excel online
- Outlook desktop edition 2013 or 2016
- Outlook online (accessed via browser)
Sage Contact does not currently support the native mobile applications for mobile devices.
Microsoft Office 365 system requirements
Microsoft Office compatibility
Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 are no longer supported by Microsoft, therefore we’re limited in the support we can offer. We can help with basic steps, however if these don’t work, you should upgrade your software to a more recent version.
* Not compatible with Office 2010 32-bit starter edition
Sage 50c Accounts only
Sage 50c Accounts offers additional functionality using Office 365. These features require an Office 365 Business Premium subscription.
The section below confirms the requirements for each element of Sage 50c Accounts:
For further information about Microsoft Office compatibility, please refer to article 32017
A broadband Internet connection is essential to keep your Sage software up to date, and to take full advantage of features such as Sage Drive and synchronising data with Office 365.
- Recommended minimum download speed: 4Mbps
- Recommended minimum upload speed: 2Mbps
To optimise performance your antivirus software should be configured to exclude Sage files from its checking routines
Internet Explorer version 11 or above.
To check, open Internet Explorer, select Tools then choose About Internet Explorer.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 is required.
Sage Capture app
Sage Capture is tested on the following operating systems, but may work with earlier versions:
- iPhone 5 or above running iOS 9.3 or later.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and above.