Moving an Employee From one payroll to another (2018 and below)
Moving an Employee From one payroll to another
You must manually transfer the employee’s year to date values from their current company into the second company. We recommend that you print the employee’s Earnings Tax & PRSI report. This report details their personnel details and year to date values for the current company.
1. Open Sage Payroll and log in to the payroll you want to move the employee from.
2. Do one of the following:
- From the menu bar at the top of your window, Reports then click Payroll Reports.
- From the process map in the centre of Sage Payroll, click Other Reports.
3. Click the Employee tab, then select Earnings Tax & PRSI.
4. Under Selection, in the Sequence list, select Employee Code. Then enter the employee’s number in the From and To boxes.
If you’re unsure of what the employee’s number is, you should check the employee’s record.
5. Click Print, then click Cancel.
6. From the menu bar at the top of thew window, click Login then click Login to a Payroll.
7. Log in to the company payroll that you want to move the employee to.
8. Do one of the following:
- From the menu bar at the top of your window, click Processing then click Employee Details.
- From the process map in the centre of Sage Payroll, click Edit Employees.
9. Set up the employee, then enter their year to date values, using the printed Earnings Tax & PRSI report as a point of reference.
10. Finally log back into the payroll you moved the employee from, and delete the employee’s record