The data service cannot be updated because there are xx other users still using Sage Accounts (Sage 50 V24.2)
Error – The data service cannot be updated
After updating to Sage 50 Accounts v24.2, the following message appears: – ‘The data service cannot be updated because there are xx other users still using Sage Accounts’
A)Restart the computer where your Sage 50 Accounts data is held
if the reboot is not possible, follow the steps below on the computer that holds the data:
1. Browse to the following location:
- 64-bit computers: c:\program files(x86)\sage\accountsservicev24
- 32-bit computers: c:\program files\sage\accountsservicev24
2. Locate and rename the following file: sg50scv_v24.exe changing the .exe file extension to .old
3. Download the following file:
4. If prompted to save the file, note the file name, Sage_50_Accounts V24.2_Dataservice.exe then click Save.
Depending on your web browser, the file may automatically save to your Downloads folder. To view your download folder, press Ctrl + J on your keyboard.
5. Browse to and double-click the downloaded file, then follow the on-screen prompts.